Manage1to1 makes it easy to import and update all of your students.
Preparing the CSV
To get started, download the CSV Import Template by clicking on the button with the same title. This will download a pre-made CSV file with the headings needed to get started.
Open the CSV file that was downloaded in your favorite editor. In this example, we will be using Excel. Fill out the columns appropriately. A description of each column is found below:
- Local Student ID – This is a unique student number (commonly assigned in Student Information Systems and on Student ID Cards) that is used to update/track each student in Manage1to1.
- First Name – First Name of the Student
- Last Name – Last Name of the Student
- State ID – This is the unique ID typically assigned by the State Department of Education. It is not needed, however the column must be present (even if blank)
- Username – If you are tracking Student Usernames, enter the username here – otherwise if blank one will be generated in the format specified in the General Settings Tab
- Password – If you are tracking Student Usernames, enter the username here – otherwise if blank one will be generated
- Grade Level – The Grade level of the student (For Grades K and Below, ensure you have the “mapping” set in System Automation)
- Email – If you are tracking Student Emails, enter the single email here – otherwise if blank one will be generated in the format of USERNAME@studentdomain (student domain Specified in General Settings Tab)
- Building Code – The Building SIS ID corresponding to the building, found on the Building Management Tab
- Guardian First Name – The First Name of the Guardian (optional)
- Guardian Last Name – The Last Name of the Guardian (optional)
- Guardian Email – The Email Address of the Guardian (must be a single email address) (optional)
- Guardian Home Phone – The Home Phone of the Guardian (optional)
- Guardian Work Phone – The Work Phone of the Guardian (optional)
- Guardian Cell Phone – The Cell Phone of the Guardian (optional)
- Guardian Relationship – The Relationship of the Guardian to the Student (optional)
After the CSV is setup properly, be sure to save it as a CSV file somewhere on your computer for use later.
Processing the CSV File
Processing the CSV file is quite simple! We simply need to choose the CSV file you saved in the steps above, and either drag and drop it to the box or Click and browse. Upon choosing it will automatically upload.
Once uploaded, a column directly next to the Bulk Student Import/Update column will appear, titled Bulk Student Process. This section displays the file you just uploaded and a timestamp of that file’s upload.
Once you are ready, press Process Student Import
Confirm you wish to process the CSV by pressing Execute
The page will refresh and you will be notified of the status of the import.
Validating a Successful Upload
You may review all of the additions and updates made with this upload via the Activity Log page.
I accidentally included students already existing in Manage1to1, what now?
No problem, in this case the students will simply be updated with the latest information contained in that student file. Manage1to1 will never delete data.
What happens if I have a duplicate Local ID?
Local ID’s (student IDs) are unique to each student and should not be duplicated. Because of this, it is a unique value within Manage1to1 as well. Uploading a student with the same localid would simply update the data to reflect the CSV file.
I do not want to load in my own students, can you do it for me?
Absolutely! We offer a “turn-key” package to get your devices, students, and system setup and configured. Please reach out to your Sales Rep for further information on adding this to your Manage1to1 plan! We also offer one time plans for a fixed cost.
I see the notice “Note: An existing CSV file is present. Uploading a new one will overwrite the one already on the server.”, what does this mean?
This indicates that you already have a student import file uploaded to our server. This is simply a notice to inform you that there is already a file present. Review the right hand column (Bulk Student Process section) to review the timestamp of the file to determine if you wish to continue.